This page contains affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. This does not cost you anything. But if you do use my links, I appreciate your support.
In continuing to feed my obsession with book subscription boxes, I have discovered another ‘new to me’ one.
I have found some wonderful subscription boxes. My YouTube channel is full of video unboxing’s if you are interested. I also share my unboxing’s on my sister website for those boxes that are not books.
By far, my favorite boxes are the ones with the books in them. And those unboxing’s I share on this website.
This is my first box with a new book box service: Faith and Fiction Book Box. This is not a subscription service. Boxes are curated and then announced for sale. It is a new service advertising as quarterly, but will perhaps change to monthly if the demand is high. The boxes include one new Christian fiction book and 4-6 items related to the book and theme of the box.
What did I get in this box? I am going to share the contents with you here. My review is not for the book or the items I received, but instead will be for the unboxing experience.
The box arrived in good condition. It was well padded inside with fun colored paper reflecting the theme.
There was a card inside giving information on the contents.
The first item in the box was a 4 oz. soy candle in balsam, citrus, and pine scent.
The second item in the box was a sample sized caramel apple flavored coffee.
The third item in the box was a pair of socks with elephants on them.
The fourth item in the box was a pot holder with a quote from the included book.
The fifth item(s) in the box was book swag including an author signed book label.
The last item in the box was the featured book, The Haunting at Bonaventure Circus by Jaime Jo Wright.
This is everything I received in the box.
UPDATE: This is why you should read the spoiler cards that come with the box… I discovered another item in the box after I made the video. The last item in the box was a Citrus Spice lip balm.
What I liked:
- The box was well packaged and everything was in good shape.
- This isn’t a subscription service so you can decide if you want to order the box based on the theme.
- There was a theme to the box and everything tied in nicely to the book.
- The shipping was included.
- The book was a new release Christian fiction book.
- The smell of the candle was nice (haven’t burned it yet though).
- The author autographed label that can be put into the book if desired.
What I didn’t like:
- The coffee sample was smaller than I’d like.
- I’d like to be able to subscribe to this box at some point so that I don’t have to stalk their social media for box updates.
- With all the padding, the lip balm got lost in the box. I almost threw it out until I took another look at the spoiler card and discovered there was another item.
This is the second box for this book service and my first one from them. I think they have done a great job of curating items that relate to the book and theme. The packing was well done and the quality of the items was good. I loved the surprise in unboxing everything and I loved the book choice. I hope that this service continues and eventually allows for subscriptions.
This service is $45.00 per box and includes shipping. I recommend following them on social media to get updates on future box offerings.
-Loraine NunleyUnboxing and review of the Faith and Fiction Book box 'Come One Come All' #bookbox #christianfiction Click To Tweet
Want a copy of this book for yourself? Buy one here today.