This page contains affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. This does not cost you anything. But if you do use my links, I appreciate your support.
Truly Yours is the book subscription service from Barbour Publishing. Since they are a Christian book publisher, they provide inspirational fiction books. You receive one new release book every four to six weeks. Here’s some further information on their service.
This is the second shipment I have received. I will share the contents with you here. My review is not for the book I received because I haven’t read it yet, but instead will be for the content and subscription experience.
Actually, unpacking. This month’s shipment arrived in a padded envelope. It arrived in good shape, although with envelopes and the postal service that can be just good luck.
The book I received was ‘The Crow’s Call’ by Wanda E Brunstetter (Amish Romance). Here is the back cover blurb:
“When Vernon King, his son, and son-in-law are involved in a terrible accident, three women are left to cope with their deaths, as they become the sole providers of the family they have left. The women’s only income must come from the family greenhouse, but someone seems to be trying to force them out of business.
Amy King has just lost her father and brother, and her mother needs her to help run the family’s greenhouse. It doesn’t seem fair to ask her to leave a job she loves, when there is still a sister and brother to help. But Sylvia is also grieving for her husband while left to raise three children, and Henry, just out of school, is saddled with all the jobs his father and older brother used to do. As Amy assumes her new role, she also asks Jared Riehl to put their courtship on hold. When things become even more stressful at the greenhouse, will Amy crumble under the pressure?”
What I liked:
- Book arrived in good condition.
- There was a note card in the package letting me know what book will be in the next shipment which gives me the option of continuing or canceling.
What I didn’t like:
- I have mixed emotions about knowing what book I will be receiving. On the one hand if I know I’m not going to want the book I can cancel before it ships. On the other hand, I sorta miss the surprise that comes with opening the package not knowing the book inside.
- I wish that there was an option to purchase more than one book per shipment.
- This month’s selection arrived in a padded envelope which works out fine most of the time, but isn’t as sturdy as a box would be. I will have to wait and see if this will be a problem.
I liked this shipment. I liked the security of knowing that I was getting inspirational fiction and I was given a heads up on what book comes next month which gives me the option of continuing or cancelling the subscription.
The cost of this service is $9.97/month plus tax and free shipping. For a brand new book, this is a good price.
I will continue the subscription next month.
-Loraine NunleyUnboxing and review of the February 2020 Truly Yours Fiction subscription box from @BarbourBuzz #ChristianFiction #SubscriptionBox Click To Tweet